And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!
- And did those feet, William Blake

mandag 7. november 2011

Northumbrian Sunset


September 15 this year I left York after a week spent catching up with my wonderful friends and former flatmates of Constantine House. As I was travelling through the evening and its open Northumbrian landscape, beholding the world fade into darkness, I felt very sad and melancholic. I knew at that stage that this was the definite end of my time as a Constantine and indeed the definite end of Constantine House as I knew it. There would be nothing to return to for me there, nothing save fond memories that would plunge me into deep nostalgia if I were to seek them out again. Due to this state of mind and the changing landscape hurrying past the train window I jotted down a couple of lines that, in hindsight, reflect what I felt quite well, and I would like to share them with my readers. In compensation for yet another exhibitionistic indulgence of this kind I have also included several pictures of that evening, pictures that will hopefully mitigate any pomposity on my part.




Northumbrian Sunset

A pale Northumbrian sunset,
A week of memories;
My heart is filled with rue, yet
I live for times like these.

The land prepares for nightfall,
Soon England goes to sleep;
I have the pilgrim's heart: all
I love I try to keep.
- September 15 2011



Crossing the Tyne.


 Newcastle sunset.










Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar